Taking an eCommerce marketing course is one of the most effective ways to grow your eCommerce career. These courses will help you build a foundation of skills that you can use to further grow an online business and realise your marketing and sales goals.
It is essential to understand that eCommerce is not only meant for local businesses that are transitioning online. eCommerce provides opportunities to sell any product or service online, and it is important, especially in the world following the pandemic. These courses are just not for business owners but for anyone who wishes to sell a product. This industry will only get bigger, and it is necessary to learn how to win in it.
Why Should You Take an eCommerce Marketing Course?
The central purpose of an eCommerce Marketing course is to boost your credibility. There are no cons to getting certification, but some might need it more than others would. This form of credibility can help you show your customers expertise. We have included both the paid and free courses that you can consider.
How to Select the Best eCommerce Marketing Course for You?
Before you read through this article and find out about the varying courses, you must certainly be hesitant because you are being given a lot of options. It can be overwhelming to not know how to select the right eCommerce course for you. Here are a few things that you should consider when you are deciding on an eCommerce course:
- What is your level of expertise: You must first consider where exactly you are in your eCommerce career. If you are just starting out, you must consider the beginner courses and work on these skills when you are free. If you already have your own eCommerce business, you must consider the advanced or intermediate courses. They will cost you some money but also push you to move to the next step in your business.
- eCommerce goals: You must know where you wish your business goes. If you wish to take this up full-time or as a side thing. Based on such goals, you have to choose what eCommerce training you need.
- Money-back guarantee: If you are considering a paid course, make sure that they offer money-back guarantee options. The vendors that are very confident about the course that they offer will offer a money-back guarantee, which would be valid for a period of time.
10 Best eCommerce Marketing Courses to Try in 2022
Here is a list of the 10 best eCommerce marketing courses which you should try in 2022 to improve your digital marketing skillset.
1. Reliablesoft’s eCommerce SEO Course
With Reliablesoft’s eCommerce SEO Course, you will learn how to optimise Search Engines for your online store. SEO is essential for the success of online shops, and this course will show all the steps in which you can make your shop SEO friendly. There are nine courses which will be covered in this course:
- Introduction to eCommerce SEO for beginners
- Keywords Research for eCommerce Websites
- How to SEO your Shop’s Site Structure
- How to SEO your shop’s homepage
- How to optimise your category pages
- How to SEO your product pages
- How to use blogging to get targeted traffic to your eCommerce website
- How to build links and increase the rankings of your product pages on Google
It is very important to learn how to get free traffic from search engines. If you are only reliant on advertising, you will have high costs and low profitability. If you implement the techniques that have been explained in this course, you will get more organic traffic to your website without having to pay for ads. They teach you in easily comprehensible language and offer advice for all kinds of eCommerce platforms. This course will help you design and implement a complete strategy. This course is perfect for beginners in eCommerce marketing.
2. Google Marketing Platform’s Course
This course puts together DoubleClick Digital Marketing and Google Analytics 360 to teach you how to create seamless eCommerce marketing campaigns. With this course, you will learn:
- How to use Google solutions across your marketing team
- How to go through the customer journey with Google
- How to build a measurable eCommerce campaign.
This course is great for eCommerce specialists and will help you manage the customer journey in one platform.
3. Shopify’s eCommerce Email Marketing Course
This course, Shopify’s eCommerce Email Marketing Course, is taught by the owner of Nerd Marketing, who teaches you how to build an email marketing strategy with Shopify. With this course, you will learn:
- How to start an eCommerce email strategy
- How to write email copy
- How to optimise and evaluate your strategy
- An introduction to advanced email marketing.
Email marketing is essential for all eCommerce businesses and is the best way to handle customer service, shipping, and more. This course is highly recommended if you are new to email marketing. They will help you make cost-effective decisions for your email strategy. They will also teach you how to automate emails. This course is primarily focused on Shopify, but you can use the learnings in other platforms too.
4. Digital Marketer’s Certified eCommerce Marketing Specialist
If you have reached the intermediate level of your eCommerce career, this course will take you through the next steps of your eCommerce store- optimisation and increasing sales. With this course, you will learn:
- What each eCommerce web page should look like
- What tools, widgets, and services to use
- Ezra’s 4-part content amplifying system
- How to build an email automation sequence.
This course will set you apart from beginners, and you will learn how to optimise your online store and maximise revenue. This is a great choice if you want to build an eCommerce store for the long term. They will tell you in detail how to build a profitable store. They will provide a certified badge for your LinkedIn, email, and website after you finish the certification. This is not a cheap class, and it is suggested you take this if you are an intermediate or advanced professional.
5. HubSpot’s eCommerce Marketing Course
This course is taught by Groove Commerce which is a full-service eCommerce agency. This is the absolute best course for beginners who use the inbound method. This course will teach you:
- eCommerce marketing and how it works
- How to create your eCommerce inbound strategy
- How to use Shopify with eCommerce
- How to integrate Shopify with HubSpot.
This course will offer you real-life examples that you can apply to your business, and you can learn it all in 40 minutes. Given that HubSpot is known internationally, it will increase your credibility exponentially. You will have to watch five lessons, and you will get the certification.
6. Udemy’s How to create an eCommerce Store Course
Clinton Gorman, a website designer and developer, teaches this course. With this course, you will be able to design and build your website. With this course, you will learn:
- How to create a website
- How to design a logo
- How to use the WooCommerce plugin
- How to make and accept payments.
More than 30% of websites are run on WordPress, and it is becoming more popular. This course will teach you how to build a website with WordPress. It is suggested that you sign up for this course with a $60 budget. This will make sure that you have the budget to build a website while taking his classes, and the goal is to finish your eCommerce site by the end of the course. A website would be a big step into your eCommerce career.
7. LinkedIn’s eCommerce Fundamentals Course
LinkedIn’s eCommerce Fundamentals Course is taught by the product manager of WooCommerce, Patrick Rauland. With this course, you can learn:
- How to create a buyer’s persona
- How to choose your product
- How to register your business
- How to build an online store
- How to advertise your product
- What happens after you build your store.
This course is perfect for you if you are struggling with how to put your ideas into action. The teacher will teach you how to release your product to your audience. He also goes over the technical steps like registration of business and taxes. This course is great for anyone who wishes to be an eCommerce specialist. This is a seven-part course, and after you finish it, you will get the certification.
8. SkillShare’s eCommerce Essentials Course
In this course offered by SkillShare, Tracy Wallace, the editor-in-chief of BigCommerce, teaches you the basics of eCommerce marketing. With this course, you can learn:
- How to choose a product to sell
- How to identify your competition
- What platform to sell your products on
- How to start a content marketing strategy.
If you are interested in selling your products online, this course is for you. In the first hour, you will learn how to sell products online. They also provide a workbook to guide you through each step. You can also join their community and share your work with other members. This class only takes one hour to complete. So, it is suggested that you take another course with it to strengthen your skills. They do not offer eCommerce certification but provide important skill sets that will be of major help to you.
9. Google’s How to Get a Business Online Course
In Google’s How to Get a Business Online Course, you will go over the basics of how to start your eCommerce career. Then you will learn the next steps of how to build your online store. With this course, you can learn:
- How to create an online marketing strategy
- How to build an online presence
- How to build an online shop
- How to protect your store.
This course is perfect for beginners to learn the basics of an eCommerce business. This training will be of major help if you are a small business looking to transition online. This course will also teach you the basics of SEO, Google Analytics, and online advertising. Given that Google is the hub for search ranking and analysing metrics, it makes absolute sense to learn from the best. You can get the certification after completing the seven modules and quizzes.
10. Udemy’s eCommerce Course
This Amazon sales course is taught by Amazon’s best-selling author, Alex Genadinik and is focused on building an eCommerce business with Amazon. With this course, you will learn:
- How to grow your eCommerce business with Amazon
- How to search for keywords and rank on Amazon
- How to create Amazon ads
- How to use social media marketing to boost sales
This course will teach you how to sell products on Amazon. This is very helpful for aspiring authors and for people who wish to join Amazon’s FBA program. However, it is important for you to have an overview of the industry before you start.
This eCommerce training will cost you about $50, but Udemy offers up to an 80% discount, so you must be on the lookout for offers.
Reasons: These are the best online courses in eCommerce Marketing
All of the eCommerce marketing courses that we have mentioned above teach you how to take actionable steps to start and grow your business. We have listed both the basic beginner and advanced courses, and you can choose whichever one matches your expertise. There is variety in terms of free and paid courses too. All of these courses are backed with great reviews and ratings. They have solutions that can take you further in your career.
Taking an eCommerce marketing course is essential to learn new skills and learn how to put them to use. Make sure to not take such eCommerce marketing courses passively. These are the tools that will carry your business forward and are tools that are meant to be used. You must use these skills in your business. As you practice these skills, you will learn more about what works best for you and your eCommerce business. These skills will highly benefit you and be instrumental in forwarding your business. These are not only beginner courses, and you can choose a course based on your expertise and knowledge of the subject. These are the best eCommerce marketing courses that you can take to improve your credibility and increase your revenue.